Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week: Outside In Stitched Christmas Trees Stackables/Stitched Christmas Tree Frames

Hello! Today, Lawn Fawn is showcasing the new Outside In Stitched Christmas Tree Stackables Die Set and the Stitched Christmas Tree Frames Die Set.

I wanted to make something a little different to share today so I created a fun Christmas ornament instead of a card.  By using the die sets and some wool felt that I had in my stash, I created this adorable little tree in some not so traditional colors.


For the aqua section, I die cut two of the largest trees from the Outside In Stitched Christmas Tree Stackables set and stitched them together using white embroidery floss. I then used the largest tree from the Stitched Christmas Tree Frames dies and die cut one frame from a piece of lime green felt. I used the negative portion of the die cut and stitched that onto the front of the aqua portion. I then die cut the ornaments using the ornament dies from both sets using various colors of coordinating felt and sewed them on as well. I also added an iridescent sequin and sea bead to each ornament to add some fun dimension and sparkle. The trunk and star are doubled up as well and stitched to the front and back so when the ornament spins, it looks finished from both sides. To finish the ornament off, I took a piece of silver thread and sewed it through the top of the star.

I hope that you like my project for today and thank you once again for taking the time to stop by! I hope that you have a great day!


Comments

Popular Posts