Simon Says Stamp Fun and Festive Release

Happy Hump Day! Simon Says Stamp has an awesome new release called Fun and Festive just in time to start working on those holiday projects. Today, I am sharing a card using the new Winter Scene stamp set.

I stamped out my images using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink because it provides a crisp black stamped impression and it is alcohol ink friendly. I then colored my images using Copics Markers. 

I wanted to create a tranquil winter night scene, so I took a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock and ink blended Distress Ink onto it. I then flicked water on and dabbed it up using a dry paper towel. I also watered down some Lawn Fawn Yeti Ink on an acrylic block and then flicked it onto the background using a small paintbrush to intensify the look of snow. To finish the sky off, I added dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Gloss White in varying sizes as well.


I wanted to frame my scene, but still allow for a complimentary color of cardstock to tie in the whole color scheme. To do so, I used Lawn Fawn's Blue Jay Cardstock for my card base. I then die cut a frame from a piece of the Lawn Fawn Woodgrain Cardstock - Neutral Collection using Lawn Fawn's Inside Out Stitched Rectangle Die Set and Reverse Stitched Scallop Rectangle Windows Die Set.

Thank you for stopping by today and head on over to Simon Says Stamp's blog for more information on this amazing release and more inspiration! 

Comments

Popular Posts