Simon Says Stamp Brand of the Month: Lawn Fawn

Hiya! This is my second post today and I have some exciting news. Simon Says Stamp is featuring Lawn Fawn as the Brand of the Month! Lawn Fawn is such an incredible company and the people behind it are even more amazing! To celebrate and kick off the fun, Kelly Marie Alvarez, one of the owners and masterminds behind Lawn Fawn, asked me to create a card to share today. I was honored, to say the least, so let's take a look.

I just love all that is Lawn Fawn and the new 2019 Summer Release is no exception! If you have been following me for any time at all, you know how much I love critters. When I saw the cutie-pie animals from the Say What? Pets, Keep On Swimming, and Smooth Sailing Stamp Sets I had the idea to create a pet shop/animal rescue card. 


And of course the critters just had to greet you, so I used the speech bubble from Say What? Pets with the animal sounds from the new Critter Chatter: Pets Stamp Set. To create the feel of enclosures, I used the Peek-a-boo Backdrop Die Set from Lawn Fawn. I used the English Brick Wall Stencil from My Favorite Things and ink blended a brick background onto a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using Distress Oxide Inks. The effect was a little distracting, so I muted the brick wall by layering a piece of vellum from Lawn Fawn over the top and that worked perfectly! 


I tried to think of what animal stamps Lawn Fawn had that would be consistent with a pet shop/animal rescue and came up with these. I thought that the little bear image from the Smooth Sailing Stamp Set doubled great for a little hamster and the turtle from the Year Two Stamp Set is still one of my all time favorites!


I carried over the sentiment to the inside of the card and had the critters asking for a treat after they were so sweet on the card front! I always love how well thought out Lawn Fawn's stamp sets are and how punny their sentiments continue to be!

Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out the Simon Says Stamp blog for more information on the month long celebration of Lawn Fawn and for a complete list of products that I used that are available in their shop! Have a great day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts