Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Zodiac Horse

Hello friends! I am back today with another card featuring a new Zodiac stamp set from Mama Elephant. I am loving these round critters! They are such a good size for a card front or any project that you can come up with. Not only that, but they come with different accessory images that can be used with any of the previous sets.

A few weeks ago, the amazing and inspiring Jennifer McGuire posted a video showing how to make a Pop Up Panel Card. It looked like so much fun and her video made it look so easy to do, so I just had to try it. (If you would like to watch the video, please click here and it will take you right to it on YouTube.) 

I wanted to create a barn for my Zodiac horses to be standing in front of that would pop up when the pull tab at the bottom was pulled. To do this, I started by die cutting a piece of red cardstock using the rectangle die with the rounded corners from the Peek A Frame Creative Cuts. I then die cut the long speech bubble from the Framed Tags - Park Avenue - Creative Cuts. Its the perfect length to make wood paneling for the barn. I then sponged a little Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink onto each piece to give the look of distressing and depth. 


To let the recipient know that there is something for them to do, I used the "pull me" sentiment from the Mini Everyday Messages Stamp Set. (There are several other direction stamps included in this set that are great for interactive card designs.) When the bottom tab is pulled...  


...the barn begins to pop up and...


...there is another adorable Zodiac horse below helping to continue to celebratory theme of this card. I can't get over how cute the chick from Party Animals looks floating up into the sky with the horse balloon!

I can't thank you enough for hanging out with me today! I have listed below the Mama Elephant products that I used to create this card below and included links for your convenience. Bye for now!

Mama Elephant Products Used:

Comments

Popular Posts