Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Scene Builder

Welcome back! Mama Elephant is highlighting the new Scene Builder Stamp and Creative Cuts today. I love having the option to add stamped background images to my scenes instead of only die cuts. I really think it makes the scene even more seamless and cohesive. I also used the new Slim Card Basics Creative Cuts Set. Slim line cards have become increasingly popular and I am thrilled that Mama Elephant has made creating this style even easier with the addition of this die set to their shop.

I recently purchased the Snow Friends Stamp Set. I have had my eye on it for quite a while and even though it's not Winter where I live anymore, I thought that it would be fun to use this set for my card today. (It's never too early to get started on your Christmas Card stash, right?)

I started my card by stamping out the images from the two sets using brown hybrid ink and then colored them using Copic Markers. To cut them out, I used the coordinating Snow Friends Creative Cuts.


For the main front panel, I die cut a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using the stitched rectangle from the new Slim Card Basics Creative Cuts Set. I ink blended the sky on the top 1/3 of the panel using Salty Ocean, Blue Print Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink. I then flicked on some watered down Copic White using a small paintbrush to create the illusion of snow falling.

To create the snowy scene building die cuts, I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle from white cardstock. I then used a partial die cutting technique with the On The Hills Creative Cuts Set to die cut the snowy foreground and slopes. I ink blended a light blue onto the top of the slopes to make them stand out from one another and add depth to the scene. Before adhering all of the images and die cut layers down, I stamped the sentiment at the top of main panel and heat embossed it using white embossing powder to make it really pop.

I hope that you enjoyed seeing my card today and that it inspired you to create something!Most of us are still social distancing from home and it is a great time to get crafty to keep your mind off of things. 

If you are interested in any of the products that I used for my card today, I have listed them below with links to the Mama Elephant Shop for your convenience.  

Mama Elephant Products Used:


Comments

Popular Posts