Mama Elephant Designer Series - Dashin Thru the Snow Slider

Hello again! I am delighted to be back on the Mama Elephant Blog today! I have a fun slider card to share with you so let's get started.

I began by stamping images from Dashin Thru the Snow, Animal Parade, Scene Builders, Birdie Wreath, and Toasty Friends Stamp Sets using alcohol friendly ink. I colored them using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. 


For the scene building panels, I die cut two rectangles from white cardstock using the largest rectangle from Peek A Frame - Creative Cuts. I then used the sloped dies in the Landscape Trio - Creative Cuts to make the hills. I masked off the edges on all of the panels with Post It Tape to give the illusion of a frame. I then used Distress Oxide Inks in Speckled Egg, Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire to ink blend the sky. For the base of the snowy hills, I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. (I think it is easy to get a softer blend using the regular Distress Inks.)


To add a fun interactive element, I used the Straight Slider - Creative Cuts to create the slider track on the shorter hill. (I love watching the little bunny slide down the hill! I am pretty sure he is going to beat the sledding trio above him.) So fun!

I used a sentiment from the Dashin Thru the Snow Stamp Set and heat embossed it in white at the top of the design. As a finishing touch, I adhered iridescent star confetti across the sky.

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing my card and that it has inspired you to create something today! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Mama Elephant Products Used

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts