Mama Elephant Designer Series - Toasty Friends Slider Glider Card


Hello friends! I am so excited to be back on the Mama Elephant Blog today with a fun interactive holiday card to share with you. I used a combination of new and previously released products to create my design and I love how it turned out!

I started my card by stamping images from the Toasty Friends, Santa Baby, Santa's Sleigh, and Baked with Love Stamp Sets. (All of these sets were illustrated by Aida Zamora and coordinating perfectly together.) I stamped them using an alcohol marker friendly ink on 80 lb Neenah Solar White Smooth Cardstock. I then colored them using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating Creative Cuts.


For the main panel, I die cut two pieces of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using the largest stitched rectangle die from the Peek a Frame Creative Cuts. I masked the edges of the first panel using Post It Tape and ink blended the background using the following Distress Oxide Inks: Speckled Egg, Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire. I then diluted the Broken China and Faded Jeans colors and flicked them onto the background using a small paintbrush.

To create the floor for my scene, I trimmed down the second die cut rectangle and masked the edges off. I then ink blended Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, and Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide Inks onto the panel. To add texture to this panel, I diluted a mix of Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone Distress Oxide Ink and flicked it on in the same way before removing the masking tape.


To create the interactive slider, I used the Slider Glider Creative Cuts. I watched the instructional video on the Mama Elephant YouTube channel as a reference while making this card. (Click here to see the video.) Rina did a fabulous job detailing how to use this incredible die set!

I wanted to make Santa walking out from behind the Christmas tree. To do this, I altered two of the stamped images from the Santa Baby Stamp Set. When you pull the pull tab, Santa comes out from behind the tree. (Isn't he just too adorable?!)


To finish off the design, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Mixed Holiday Greetings Stamp Set.

Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope that you enjoyed my card and that you will stop back by soon! Have a great day!

Mama Elephant Products Used


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts