Mama Elephant - Designer Series - Up With Love Interactive Card

Hello! I am so happy to be over on the Mama Elephant Blog today to share this interactive card! My design features the new Up With Love Stamp Set illustrated by Aida Zamora. The adorable images in this set are so sweet and perfect for many different card themes.

To create this card, I began by stamping the images from the Up With Love and Fly With Me Stamp Sets onto Neenah 80 lb Solar White Smooth Cardstock using an alcohol friendly ink. I then colored the images using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies.


For the background, I used the Peek A Frame - Creative Cuts to die cut two of the largest stitched rectangles and two of the smaller rectangles with rounded corners from white cardstock and one of each of the rectangles from vellum. I then used the cloud die from Landscape Trio - Creative Cuts to create a cloudy border for the main background panel and the sliding panel. 

To maintain a white border for the design, I masked the edges using Post It Tape. Then, I lightly blended on Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks over a cloud stencil using a blender brush. I also flicked on diluted Picked Raspberry and Copic White with a small paintbrush to add texture and interest the background.


To create the sliding mechanism, I used foam tape to ensure that there would be enough room behind the main panel for the sliding panel to move freely. I then adhered the images to the panels using glue dots and liquid adhesive. To add depth and shine to the balloons, I applied Ranger Glossy Accents. To keep the design cohesive, I stamped the sentiment at the top of the main panel with the same ink that I used to stamp the images.

I hope that you have enjoyed your visit to my blog today and that you are inspired to create your own interactive card! I have listed and linked the Mama Elephant products that I used below for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts