Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight - Koala Hugs

Hello friends! Mama Elephant is highlighting Koala Hugs today. It is safe to say that Aida Zamora has worked her magic again with this set! I always love her illustrations and these koalas are no exception.


For today's design, I combined Koala Hugs with Wild Meadow to create a wilderness feel. I stamped the images onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock using brown hybrid ink. I colored them using Zig Real Brush Markers and die cut them out using the coordinating dies. I really love the soft watercolor feel that the zigs give!


For the background, I die cut a rectangle panel using the largest die from Peek A Frame CC. I then ink blended the panel using Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Inks. To ground the scene and to provide a strip to tuck the foliage behind, I die cut another piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using one of the curved dies from the Landscape Trio CC. I ink blended it using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks.


I adhered the images using foam tape and liquid glue to the main panel. To finish the design, I stamped one of the sentiments from Koala Hugs and heat embossed it using white embossing powder.

As always, thank you for taking time to visit my blog! Please be sure to head over to the Mama Elephant Blog to check out the other design team member's projects. I have listed and linked the supplies that I used for today's card below for your convenience. See you soon!

Mama Elephant Products Used:


Comments

Popular Posts