Mama Elephant Designer Series - Slim Scenescape Builder Schoolhouse

 

Welcome back friends! The end of the school year is drawing near and it has really been a doozy for so many of us. Teachers have worked especially hard this year and under such trying circumstances. What better way to thank these special people than to give them a handmade token of appreciation? With that in mind, I made this fun Slim Scenescape card to share with you today. 

I began by stamping images from School Rules, Book Work, Piñata Party, and Crafted With Love in a warm chocolate hybrid ink onto white cardstock. I then colored the images using Copic Markers and die cut them out using the coordinating creative cuts.


I wanted to create the feel of an old school classroom with wood floors and a green chalkboard. I die cut the stitched building pieces for the Slim Scenescape Builder from a light blue green cardstock and inked the edges with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink. Once the ink had time to dry, I used an anti static powder tool to prep the front panels and heat embossed the sentiments in white. I usually use a microfiber cloth to buff the excess powder off after the embossing powder melts; however, I really liked the chalky look that it gave to the panels for the chalkboard.

After constructing the Slim Scenescape, I added the images using liquid glue and glue dots. To give the images more stability, I die cut each image a second time from plain white cardstock and layered those behind the colored ones using liquid glue. This extra step doesn't take long and really helps to hold the images in place nicely.

Thank you so much for spending time with us today! I am so glad that you stopped by and hope that you enjoyed yourself! I have listed and linked the products that I used below to the Mama Elephant Shop for your convenience. Have a great day!

Mama Elephant Products Used:



Comments

Popular Posts