Mama Elephant Highlight: Flower Shower


Hello friends! We have made it to another middle of the week and what better way to make it over the "hump" than to have an uplifting card to share? Things have been so out of the norm for over a year now and it really takes a toll on everyone after a while. Flower Shower from Mama Elephant really speaks to the hope of brighter days ahead and I totally love that!

For my card today, I created a Mega Flipper card using the adorable critter images from Flower Shower, Ella and Friends, Lil Toy Machine, and Unicorns and Rainbows Stamp Sets. I stamped the images using alcohol friendly ink, colored them using Copic Markers, and die cut them using the coordinating creative cuts.


To begin the construction of the Mega Flipper, I die cut white cardstock using the scalloped rectangles from the Mega Flipper CC. I wanted to create scenes on each panel while preserving the white border, so I used Post It Tape to mask the edges. I used a grass stencil with dye inks from my stash to ink blend the bottom section. For the sky, I ink blended with the following Distress Inks: Speckled Egg, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire. To add a bit of texture, I flicked on diluted Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, and Copic White.
 

Next, I formed the scenes on each panel. I used liquid glue to adhere the images down. (Dimensional adhesives are not ideal with this interactive die set because it can interfere with the movement of the mechanism.) I then die cut the main mega flipper piece from dark blue cardstock to match the scene and adhered the panels to it. 



I die cut another piece of white cardstock using the scalloped rectangle die from the Sweet Feline CC. I masked the edges off like before and repeated the ink blending process. I also die cut the largest stitched rectangle from Peek A Frame CC to adhere the main panels to from white cardstock. I ink blended the longest sides using the Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. Matching the colors really makes this design feel so much more cohesive and I like things matching nicely.


To complete the design, I chose a sentiment from Flower Shower and heat embossed it in white on the final panel. 

I really love how the scenes progress and move along with the Mega Flipper! This is such a fun interactive element to add to your cards and Flower Shower images are such a ray of sunshine. I hope that you have enjoyed seeing this card! I have listed and linked the products that I used below. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful day!



Mama Elephant Products Used

Flower Shower Stamp Set
Flower Shower - Creative Cuts









Comments

Popular Posts