Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight - Urban City


Hello and welcome! Mama Elephant is highlighting Urban City today. This stamp set is incredible! The main image is a cityscape and such a wonderful illustration. It also includes sentiments which make this set even more versatile.

For my card, I started by die cutting a piece of white cardstock using the Lift Flap Grid CC. I then masked the edges using Post It Tape and stamped the cityscape using a light grey ink. Before removing the masking tape, I ink blended the panel with a bit more of the light grey ink to add texture and a bit of character to the panel. I also stamped the same cityscape image onto a piece of dark grey cardstock in a dark grey ink to layer behind the main panel. 

The first stamp set that came to my mind to pair with Urban City was Little Superhero Agenda. These cute caped crusaders are perfectly sized to fit in the Lift Flap Grid and work wonderfully with the city scene. I stamped them using a black alcohol friendly ink and colored them using Copic Markers. Then, I used the coordinating creative cuts to die cut them out.


To finish off the design, I used Mini Everyday Messages to stamp some uplifting phrases behind the doors and a sentiment from Surprise Sentiments at the very bottom. I heat embossed them all using white embossing powder to make them pop off of the grey cardstock pieces.

As always, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I hope that you enjoyed your time here and that you will come back soon. Have a great day!

Mama Elephant Products Used:





Comments

Popular Posts