Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Happy Haunting

I am so excited about the stamp set that Mama Elephant is highlighting today! If you have followed me for any time at all, you know how much I adore Aida Zamora's illustrations. They are simply the cutest and the latest collaboration set with Mama Elephant, Happy Haunting, is no different. It features beautiful and whimsical creatures celebrating Halloween and I love them!

For today's card, I stamped images from Happy Haunting onto Neenah 80 lb Solar White Smooth Cardstock using a light grey hybrid ink. I then colored them in using Prismacolor colored pencils. (I usually prefer Copic Markers, but I am thrilled with the soft shading that I was able to achieve using the colored pencils.) Using the coordinating creative cuts, I die cut the images out.


Next, I trimmed a piece of watercolor cardstock to fit behind the frame from Slim Fancy Fence CC for the background panel. I dampened the paper with a bit of water and then swept Weathered Wood Distress Ink across the panel. After it dried, I used a small paintbrush and painted tree silhouette shapes across the panel using Black Soot Distress Ink. I then layered a bit of vellum over the background to give the scene a hazy look.

For the frame and fence, I used dies from Slim Fancy Fence CC to die cut Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I then painted them with watered down Black Soot Distress Inks. To ground the scene I die cut another piece of Bristol using the straight grassy die from Slim Window Dressing CC and painted it with Peeled Paint Distress Inks. I then took a green colored pencil that matched the grass color and added a few flicks here and there to give the illusion of grass.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I have listed and linked the products that I used from Mama Elephant below. I will be back tomorrow with another card featuring new products from the June 2021 release. 

Mama Elephant Products Used


 

Comments

Popular Posts