Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Peony Bouquet

Hello friends! Mama Elephant is well known for their super adorable stamp sets, but they also have glorious floral images in their collection as well. Today, they are highlighting Peony Bouquet and let me tell you...it is stunning!

To begin, I stamped the main floral image onto watercolor cardstock using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I then used Karin Brushmarkers Pro Markers to watercolor it in. Instead of taking the markers directly to the paper, I scribbled them onto a slick work surface and picked up the colors using a damp paint brush. After the image dried, I added in a few touches of color here and there using Prismacolor colored pencils. Lastly, I fussy cut the bouquet out so that I could pop it off of the main panel. 


For the background panel, I trimmed down a piece of watercolor cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4". Using a wide paintbrush, I wet the cardstock and then swept on Salvaged Patine Distress Ink. I then diluted the same color and splattered the panel with a smaller paint brush to create a bit of texture.

Next, to add a bit of layering, I die cut some pearlescent vellum using the accessory leaf dies from the Leafy Cover CC. I ran those thru a Xyron Sticker Maker to add adhesive and stuck them directly to the background panel. I heat embossed a sentiment from the set onto colored cardstock using white embossing powder to make it pop. Finally, for an added touch of interest, I adhered iridescent sequins using glue dots and tiny rhinestones from my stash.

I hope that you like my card for today! I have listed and linked the products that I used from Mama Elephant below. Thank you for stopping by and I will be back tomorrow with another card featuring new products from the June 2021 release. 

Mama Elephant Products Used:


 

Comments

Popular Posts