Mama Elephant Designer Series - Oodles of Noodles Mega Flipper Card

 

The Oodles of Noodles Stamp Set has quickly become one of my favorites! It includes adorable critters enjoying some yummy cuisine. A complimentary stamp set was also released this month called Noodle Sayings. (A match made in heaven!)


For my card today, I created a Mega Flipper card using the adorable critter images from Oodles of Noodles, Dim Sum Fun, and Zodiac Chicken Stamp Sets. I stamped the images using alcohol friendly ink, colored them using Copic Markers, and die cut them using the coordinating creative cuts.


To make the Mega Flipper, I die cut Bristol Smooth cardstock using the scalloped rectangles from the Mega Flipper CC. I then masked off the edges using Post It Tape. This maintains a white border around the scenes that gives a beautifully finished look. To create a counter top, I used Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks. This is my favorite go to combo to ground a scene because it is a nice neutral combo that goes with almost everything. On the wall, I blended Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Inks.


Next, I formed the scenes on each panel. I used liquid glue to adhere the images down. I then die cut the main mega flipper piece from Kraft cardstock and adhered the panels to it. 


Creating your own patterned paper is a great way to give a cohesive look to your designs. I used this technique by stamping images from Dim Sum Fun onto a piece of Kraft cardstock. I trimmed it down to fit within the stitched edges of the white scalloped panel that I die cut using Sweet Feline CC. 


I also wanted to tie in the coral tones that I used while coloring the scene components. To do this, I ink blended an A2 sized piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock, as well as, the speech bubbles that I used for the sentiments, with Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, and Festive Berries Distress Oxide Inks. The gradient effect looks so cool!

Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope that you enjoyed your time here and I look forward to sharing more with you next time.

Mama Elephant Products Used:










Comments

Popular Posts