Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight - Costumed Critters

 Welcome! Today, we are taking a closer look at Costumed Critters. This adorable set has the beloved Mama Elephant critters dressed up as each other. (Could it get any cuter!?) I used them to create a Halloween themed design to share with you.

As always, I started my card off by stamping the images and coloring them with Copic Markers. I then used the matching creative cuts to die cut them. Dies make it so much quicker to cut your images out and I love the perfect edge that they add. 


Next, I set the scene for these costumed cuties in the woods with a violet sky. I tend to think of Halloween skies as more ethereal with vibrant colors. To begin, I ink blended a panel that I die cut using the second largest rectangle die from B2B Slimline CC with Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire. I then flicked on a bit of Black Soot to add interest to the background. 

Using the same slimline die, I die cut two shades of gray cardstock. I then trimmed them down to size using the Landscape Trio CC to form the hills. I wanted the trees in the background to appear to be in shadow, so I die cut them from black cardstock with the Birch Trees CC.


After laying out my scene, I adhered the scene building pieces to the main background panel. Next, I arranged the critters in the scene and stuck them down with liquid glue and foam tape.

For the sentiment, I used the new Lucky Alphas CC and offset the letters to give a shadowed effect. I then heat embossed one of the sentiments from Costumed Critters towards the bottom of the design. As a final touch, I sprinkled tiny iridescent stars across the sky.

That finishes my card for today. I hope that you enjoyed seeing what I created with Costumed Critters! Be sure to visit the Mama Elephant Blog to see more designs from the design team. I will be back soon with another project featuring products from the June 2022 Release. Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!

Mama Elephant Products Used



Comments

Popular Posts