Butterfly Reflections Ink Birthday Instagram Hop

Hello again! I am so happy to be a part of a Instagram hop to celebrate the owner of Butterfly Reflections Ink, Vanessa Middleton! When she contacted me about participating, I jumped at the chance because Vanessa is seriously amazing. She works so hard to make sure that her customers know how important they are and her shipping time is absolutely incredible! I can't say enough nice things about her and her shop. If you haven't checked it out, please do so. 

I have created a birthday card to share with you to celebrate Vanessa's big day and I will link the products that I used. I do not make anything off of these links. I simply want to make it easier for you to find what I used if you're interested. Without further ado, let's get started.

Lawn Fawn's Double Slider Surprise Die Sets is still one of my favorite interactive die sets out there. It's been awhile since I have used it, so I pulled it out for my card today. I am so glad that I did! I had almost forgotten how fun they are. 


To create my card, I started by die cutting the Double Slider Surprise panels from Bristol Smooth Cardstock. For the front portion and the bottom sliding panel, I used the Grassy Edges Stencil from MFT to create a ground for my scene. I ink blended Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Distress Ink over the stencil and then splattered the Lucky Clover over the grassy area. I then blended Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers Oxide Inks from the top of all of the panels and splattered Peacock Feathers and Copic White over them for added texture. 

I pulled several Mama Elephant stamp sets from my stash for this card including: Me and My Yeti, Birthday Monkeys, Animal Parade, and Circle of Friends. (I absolutely adore the yeti from Mama Elephant. Isn't he darling?!) I stamped the images using Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink and colored them in using Copic Markers. I used the coordinating dies to die cut all of the images out and adhered them using the Lawn Fawn Glue Tube.


To frame the interactive scene, I layered it onto a white panel that I die cut using the Sweet Feline Die Set from Mama Elephant. I added water to Peacock Feathers Oxide Ink that I smooshed onto my craft mat and flicked it onto the scalloped panel. This tied it into the splattered background of the scene and added a little color to the panel without being distracting. I then layered everything onto a panel that I die cut from Lawn Fawn Peacock cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Die Set.


Thank you so much for joining me today! If you have a chance, jump on Instagram and wish Vanessa a wonderful birthday. She is a wonderful lady and small business owner! I will see you again soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts