Lawn Fawn August Blog Post

Hello my friends! Its the first Saturday of the month and I am up on the Lawn Fawn Blog to share a fun interactive card with you today! 

For my card, I combined a stamp set from the new Summer Release with others, from years past, to create a holiday inspired underwater scene. One of my favorite types of cards to create has underwater scenes involved. Last year, Lawn Fawn released Christmas Fishes stamp set. Who can resist the ocean creatures with Santa hats?! I wanted to get the octopus and jellyfish from the new Ocean Shell-fies stamp set in on the fun. I stamped the images that I wanted for my scene on Lawn Fawn White Cardstock and colored them using Copic Markers.


For the front panel, I die cut a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using the largest stitched rectangle from the Large Slimline with Sliders Die Set. Starting at the bottom, and working towards the top, I ink blended Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Inks. I then die cut a partial rectangle using the same die and die cut that piece again using one of the Stitched Hillside Borders. I ink blended Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks to create the sand at the bottom. To add extra texture and sparkle, I flicked on diluted Vintage Photo Ink and a bit of metallic gold watercolor paint.


Do you notice a little something towards the top of the design? For a bit of surprise, I added a hidden panel using the pull tab die from the new Magic Iris Camera Pull Tab Add-On Die Set and second smallest stitched rectangle from the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Die Set. When you pull the pull tab.... 


...the ocean scene extends up, revealing more critters from the deep! Who wouldn't love this surprise?!

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing my card and thank you so much for coming to visit today! If you are interested in a complete list of supplies that I used, please visit the Lawn Fawn Blog. There are also direct links to the Lawn Fawn Shop there. Until next time, stay safe and well! Bye!


Comments

  1. You are so talented Megan! I love the colors you choose to use in each of your cards. They are all so happy and bright. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts