Heffy Doodle: Make it Move, with Megan


Hello! I am so excited to announce that I have joined the Heffy Doodle Design Team! As a blog contributor, I will be sharing fun interactive card designs with you twice a month and I could not be more excited! Without further ado, let's get started!

The card that I have created to share with you today features products from the new release. I combined the Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set and Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set with the Slimline Pull Tab Die Set to create my scene. My inspiration for this design was the idea of enjoying life and not to worrying about the little things. I used a split color scheme to emphasize this. The dog featured on the left side is so well behaved and not having much fun; however, the pup on the right side is having such a wonderful time without worrying about an accident here and there.

To begin my card, I stamped the images using a brown hybrid ink on Neenah Solar White Smooth 80 lb Cardstock. The hybrid ink is alcohol marker friendly and won't smear.  I then colored them using Copic Markers and die cut them using the coordinating dies.

For the front panel, I die cut a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Stitched Slimline Trio Die Set and two pieces using second largest rectangle. (The largest rectangle serves as the base for the front of my card and the smaller ones are the focal panel and ground where I adhere the images to create the scene.) I then took one of the smaller rectangle pieces and die cut a sloping hill for the ground of my card using the Stitched Slopey Joes Border Die Set.

To mask the panel down the center, I used Heffy Memo Tape. For the left side, I blended the sky using Distress Oxide Inks in Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot. To add texture, I diluted the Hickory Smoke color and flicked it onto the panel. I then moved the Heffy Memo Tape to mask off the right side of the front panel and base. Since this side is happy and colorful, I used Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Inks to blend the sky. To add texture to this side, I diluted Salty Ocean and Copic White and flicked them onto the panel. I repeated this masking process for the ground piece as well. I used the same colors for the grass as I did for the sky on the left and switched to Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Lucky Clover for the right side. Once the front panel was dry, I heat embossed the sentiment at the top from the Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set.

To ensure proper placement for the pull tab slider, I laid the die cut images onto the front panel where I wanted them to be for the scene. I made sure to leave room on the left side for the pull tab to be die cut and taped down that die. I then took a T square ruler and drew a faint line on the right side of the card for the brown pup to move along. Using the holes in the smallest track die I lined it up over the penciled line and die cut the panel. The Slimline Pull Tab Die Set makes this so easy!

I hope that you enjoyed seeing my card for today! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts