Lawn Fawn December Blog Post

Hello friends! I am on the Lawn Fawn Blog today to share an interactive card with you. The holiday season is upon us so I thought it would be fitting to design a caroling card featuring the super adorable peas from Peas On Earth. Let's get going, shall we?

I started by stamping the images from the following stamp sets onto White Lawn Fawn Cardstock using a dark brown hybrid ink: Peas On Earth, Be Hap-pea, Car Critters Christmas Add-On, Snow Globe Scenes, Winter Village, Yeti Or Not, Let's Go Nuts, and Christmas Dreams. I then colored them in with Copic Markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. For the green springs, I stamped the images using Lawn Fawn Celery Stick Ink and added a little shading using Copic Markers.

To make the snow globe, I die cut a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using the Magic Iris and Magic Iris Snow Globe Add On Die Sets. I then blended on Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks and flicked on diluted Copic White to give a snowy feel. For the base, I die cut a piece of Kraft Lawn Fawn Cardstock using the Stitched Woodgrain Backdrop Die. Then, I die cut the woodgrain piece using the Magic Iris Snow Globe Die Set. I ink blended Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink on the edges to add some depth to the die cut. I wanted the base to have a gilded look so I die cut the accent piece for the base from Lawn Fawn Gold Metallic Cardstock. (The gold cardstock die cuts beautifully and adds so much to any project.)


For the background, I die cut another piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables Die Set. I masked the edges using Post It Tape to preserve a white border on the panel. Then, I ink blended Peacock Feather, Blue Print Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire onto the panel and flicked it with diluted Copic White. Once the panel was dry, I heat embossed a sentiment from Peas On Earth using Lawn Fawn White Embossing Powder. For the snow at the bottom, I die cut a piece of Lawn Fawn White Cardstock using the same stitched rectangle as before and then die cut it again using the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders Die Set. To get a softer color blend, I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink instead of the Oxide Ink on the bottom of the snow piece.

Once I had assembled the Magic Iris Snow Globe and adhered it to the card base, I began assembling the scene. I used a mix of foam tape, glue dots, and liquid adhesive to do this. I then layered the front panel onto a piece of Let It Shine - Red Sprinkle 'n Shine Cardstock that I die cut using the largest rectangle die from the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Die Set.


And that is my card for you guys this month. I just love the little pea peeking out from behind the Christmas tree in the middle of the scene! I hope that you enjoyed seeing my card and that it has inspired you to create something. Please visit the Lawn Fawn Blog for a complete list of products with links to the Lawn Fawn Shop. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful day!








Comments

  1. Wonderful card, thank you for all the details of how you created this. I am also in love with the amazing birdhouse card you made (Dec. 6); I'm wondering how you did the birdhouse. Was that from Bristol white card stock with Copic coloring? It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I'm sorry that I am just now seeing your lovely comment. For the birdhouse, I die cut a piece of Lawn Fawn Vanilla Cardstock and used Copic Markers to color it. I'm so happy that you like it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts