Mama Elephant Designer Series: Favor Bag Accessory Witch Card

Thank you for stopping by the Mama Elephant Blog today! This is Megan and I am so happy that you came to visit! I have a fun die cut card to share with you today featuring a Halloween scene. It is never too early to get started on your Fall themed cards. Am I right? Well, I hope that this one gets your creative juices flowing with spooky creativity!

I love using the Favor Bag Accessory Creative Cuts sets to make cards! They are designed to work perfectly with the Favor Bag XL - Creative Cuts, but I always enjoy getting more out of the crafty products that I have. For today's card, I used several of the sets together and I adore how it turned out!


To begin, I die cut a piece of purple patterned paper using the largest stitched rectangle from Peek A Frame - Creative Cuts. I then darkened the edges using Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink. For a bit of texture, I flicked on diluted Wilted Violet and Copic White across the background.

Next, I began constructing the witch. For the witch's nose and face, I die cut cream colored cardstock using the Favor Bag Accessory - Santa - Creative Cuts. I used the hands die from Favor Bag Accessory - Snow Deer - Creative Cuts to die cut the witch's hand from the same cream colored cardstock and a dark grey cardstock to trim down for the sleeves of her robe. To add a bit of color to the face, I ink blended on Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks using a blending brush. I then die cut the eyes and smile from black cardstock using the Favor Bag Accessory - Santa - Creative Cuts.  


What is a witch without her hat? For this, I used the new Favor Bag Accessory - Witch - Creative Cuts. I die cut dark grey, purple, and yellow cardstock using pieces from the set and colored them using Copic Markers.

For the witch's lovely locks, I used the squiggly die from the Favor Bag Accessory - Halloween - Creative Cuts and trimmed down the sides of an A2 sized piece of black cardstock. After layering the face and hat over the hair panel, I trimmed the excess from the top and bottom off. The super adorable spider die cut is from the same die set. I cut him out of dark grey cardstock and added shading with Copic Markers.
 

The final die cut elements really grounded the scene. I die cut a warm yellow, green, and Kraft colored cardstock using the Favor Bag Accessory - Pumpkin - Creative Cuts. Once again, I colored them using Copic Markers to add shading and depth. I then stamped a sentiment from Bootastic on the pumpkin in black ink before adding it to the rest of the scene. The grass was cut from Bristol Smooth Cardstock and ink blended using Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Inks. 

I hope that my card has inspired you to think outside of the box. Thank you again for visiting the Mama Elephant Blog today! I have listed and linked the Mama Elephant products that I used below for your convenience. Have a great day!

Mama Elephant Products Used:








 

Comments

Popular Posts